Some links to other useful people and stuff on the web. This page generally contains links to more obscure sites.
Blogs / Personal Sites
A list of podcasts I listen to and recommend can be found on this page.
- Bigclivedotcom – tear-downs of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Crosstalk Solutions – coverage of IP telephony and networking.
- Jelle’s Marble Runs – fun with marbles (more information).
- Marty’s Matchbox Makeovers – restoration of Matchbox toys.
- Technology Connections – a look at some older technology.
- Thomas Nagy – a day in the life of an electrician in London.
- Datasheet Archive – downloadable electronic circuit datasheets.
- Fourble – radio series available as podcasts.
- Gutenberg – public domain ebooks free to download.
- Internet Archive – library of content including television, books, and images.
- Loyal Books – free audiobooks of out-of-copyright books.
- Many Books – a wide range of free ebooks.
- OTRR – the Old Time Radio Researchers Group.
- Textfiles – text file directory contains arbitrary information.
- Yarchive – various Usenet archives.
- Aerials and TV – shop and information site on television and radio broadcasting.
- Budget Bytes – recipes for people on a budget.
- DistroWatch – updates on Linux/BSD/other distribution releases.
- Frixo – live road traffic reports for the UK.
- Grid Watch – United Kingdom electrical power consumption.
- Have I Been Pwned – check if your accounts have been compromised.
- Longreads – long form news articles.
- Pathetic Motorways – information on the UK motorway network.
- Prism-Break – privacy focused alternatives to software and hardware.
- That One Privacy Site – details on email and VPN providers.
Fun & Interesting
- Awkward Stock Photos – funny pictures from stock photo sites.
- Fold’N Fly – create a wide range of paper aeroplanes.
- Marblelympics – olympic marble events from Jelle’s Marble Runs.
- Pylon of the Month – pictures of electricity pylons.
- Stellarium Web – web based planetarium software.
- Thanks Text Books – content from academic text books.
- Web Design Museum – a look at old home pages.